Life lessons learned on the way to find harmonious synchronicity with my horse...or at least stay on!

Monday, December 31, 2012

My 2013 Resolutions

Here they are, my 2013 New Year's Resolutions.  Get excited, people!!  First of all,  resolution means firm determination, resolving to do something, or a course of action determined or decided upon.  My determination has been half-hearted at best in 2012, and the year seemed to be a huge mess in general (I'm certain many will agree with me).  So, this year, I want to resolve to be resolved!!!  Fight for what I want, not be afraid to take chances and step outside of my comfort zone, and achieve.

Ready?  Go!

Lose 50 pounds-Oh, here it goes, the stupid weight loss goal.  Everyone has one.  I have calculated that to be about 1.5 lbs average per week.  That's pretty achievable, and I'm going to hold you all to keeping me motivated.  After all, I have a wedding to stand up for in August (love you Krista!).  But that's not the only reason I'm doing it.  Everything seemed to go down the drain after my broken arm, and it's time to, pardon my expression, get my shit together!!!

Learn to play the guitar-Don't worry, I'm not quitting my job to start a rock band or go on the road.  I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar or piano (thanks to my Sara Bareilles obsession, along with many others).  It is more likely that I can financially handle the purchase of a guitar versus piano, and plus, it's much more portable.  I'm excited to get started with lessons!

Ride Better, Jump, and Finish 2013 by completing a recognized Beginner Novice Horse Trial-In 2012, I watched all of you riding and having fun while volunteering for lots of horse trials (since I was side-lined).  Since my fall and broken arm, my riding has been very guarded and cautious, and most of us can relate after a traumatic fall.  I am certain that Smokey and I can improve our confidence together, and become a stronger team together.  It's time to stop putting those goals on the back burner, stop making excuses, and get out there and ride!!

Happy New Year's Everyone!!  I hope you are making resolutions and will keep me motivated to achieve mine!!  Cheers to a super fabulous 2013...and 2012?  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!I will be there rooting for you and Smokey!!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete