Life lessons learned on the way to find harmonious synchronicity with my horse...or at least stay on!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Goal Updates-January 12th

Hey!  It's been about a little over a week since I announced my goals for 2013.  Here's a quick update to how things are progressing:

Weight Loss:

  • Lost 1.2 pounds since starting on January 4th.  
  • Motivation level = pretty high
  • Keys to success = tracking diet on My Fitness Pal, eating before 7pm each night, no soda after 7pm each night (yikes!).  So far, so good.  
  • Next week = keep tracking, drink more water.
Guitar:
  • I'm saving up money to buy a used guitar so I can begin lessons.  Lots of people have given me recommendations for an instructor, so I'm pumped to get started as soon as I can!
Smokey Update:
  • Of course, when I was ready to do some ground work, Smokey injured himself and was lame.  No problem, he got a few days off and is on the mend.
  • We've lunged the last 2 days because the weather because the rain has made the rings a giant swamp.  He's been...distracted lately.  I don't know why, but I'm not too anxious to get on him until he gets more focused.  I'm not sure if this is just the weather, the construction stuff at the farm, or what his deal is.  Anyways, today's lunging was in the pouring rain, and you can see he was none to thrilled about that.

  • We did enter a clinic for February 16th.  It's the Mounted Police Civilian Sensory Clinic, and I have wanted to do this for a long time with him.  They use training methods simillar to when working with their horses.  Pretty cool, huh?  Here is the website if you want to see what sort of things they do:  http://friendslexingtonmountedpolice.org/civilian_sensory_clinic.html
  • I just heard today that my friend Rosemary and her horse, Patrick, will be going with us to the clinic.  Double YAY!!!  It's always good to do clinics with a friend, especially ones that have pretty calm horses.  I'm sure Patrick will be a star!  Lots of others will join us for spectating too.  I have a feeling there will be plenty of photographic moments.  
That's all for now!  I see everyone getting their 2013 show season schedules ready, and I'm getting excited to see what accomplishments all my friends will make this year.  Have a good week!!  Love, Kristen & Smokey


No comments:

Post a Comment